While browsing the beautiful work of Esther Julee, I came across this post for ideas of an Atlanta wedding welcome basket. It is a great idea for couples to do welcome baskets because it shows your guests upon arrival that they are welcomed and you are excited to share their special day with them. Majority of your out of town guests will use your wedding as an opportunity for a short getaway and do some sight seeing around town.
Your basket should include some standard items such as water, aspirin, Band-Aids, anything you can think of a hotel including but would be an up-charge, you know all of the pretty things they display on the dresser with a hefty price tag, yeah those. It should also include items that are native to your town. Here are some items Esther included in her recent wedding!
1. Map of Atlanta
2. Classic Coke bottle
3. Georgia Peach
4. Home-brewed Sweet Tea (by yours truly)
5. Varsity hat
6. Georgia Peanuts
7. Card for free Chik-fil-a Sandwhich
8. Waffle House hat (they don’t give them out like Varsity, so we went to dozens of them before we got enough)
9. Fan (since it’s hotlanta. literally.)
10. City passes to the Coke museum, GA aquarium, CNN center, and other attractions for those who were staying long enough
Check out their blog for more gorgeous pics and wedding inspiration.